The UW–Madison Arboretum is pleased to host the 2019 Grassland Restoration Network Workshop on August 20 and 21 in Madison, Wisconsin.
The two-day workshop will bring restoration practitioners together in large and small groups with field tours, presentations, and discussion sessions.
The Grassland Restoration Network Workshop is full. If you have questions or would like to be placed on a waiting list, contact Michael Hansen, (608) 262-3289, email@example.com.
- Mike Hansen and Brad Herrick, UW Arboretum: Arboretum restoration and research
- Susan Carpenter, UW Arboretum: pollinator conservation
- Karen Oberhauser, UW Arboretum: Restoring and protecting monarch habitat
- Amy Alstad, Driftless Area Land Conservancy: Curtis sites research
- Justin Meissen, University of Northern Iowa Tallgrass Prairie Center: cost-effective seed mix design
- Chris Helzer, The Nature Conservancy: science outreach and communication
Read the tour descriptions
- Aldo Leopold Foundation
- Faville Grove Sanctuary (Madison Audubon Society)
- Military Ridge Prairie Heritage Area (The Nature Conservancy, The Prairie Enthusiasts)
- Goose Pond Sanctuary (Madison Audubon Society) and Arlington Agricultural Research Station (UW–Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences)
- Holy Wisdom Monastery and Walking Iron County Park (Dane County Parks)
- Curtis and Greene Prairies (UW–Madison Arboretum)
Two continental breakfasts, two lunches, and one dinner are included in the conference cost. There will be a pay-your-own-way social gathering on Monday evening, August 19, 5 p.m., at the Heartland Grill in the Sheraton Madison.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the rate of $125 per night at the Sheraton Madison, 706 John Nolen Drive. To receive the discounted rate, call 1-800-325-3535 and say you’re with the Grassland Restoration Network, or book online. July 26 is the last day to receive the conference rate.
Registration will open in late June. The registration deadline is Friday, August 5.
Conference cost: $85
Refund policy: refunds, minus a $10 service fee, will be issued until registration closes August 5. From August 5–15, refunds will only be issued, minus the service fee, if the spot can be filled by someone on the waiting list. No refunds will be issued after August 15.
Questions: contact Michael Hansen, Arboretum land care manager, (608) 262-3289, firstname.lastname@example.org.